#PKR poker team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
#PKR poker team

We are a team of online poker players who play exclusively on PKR : www.pkr.com.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Totally crazy !!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:26 am

Guys you won't believe this,

Ever wondered who was first of the new ranking ?

There has to be a first so it's not so astounding.

But look at his records.

http://www.pkr.com/poker-community/pkr-ranking-profile.cfm?userid=1128350

He played only one big tournament and won it.

And now he is number one. I wonder whether this guy just opened a new account. Otherwise it is somebody who used to play at another poker room. Otherwise no one with no tournament experience can win that sort of tournament on his first tournament trial.
Back to top Go down
https://pkr-poker-team.forumotion.com
marsman
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
marsman

Male
Number of posts : 125
Hobbies : POKER, Billard, Snooker, Football, Skat, TV, RPG's

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 1:04 pm

he has 100% experience in online poker^^
i think he open a new account here at PKR
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 3:16 pm

Yeah, I thought so too. It's the only wait to explain that. But that's still crazy. Even with loads of excperience. To win the only one tournament you enter, and a tournament of such a level...
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male
Number of posts : 141
Hobbies : Poker, GTR2, Skydiving, Scuba-Diving

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 3:49 pm

WOW - thatīs all i have to say...well almost all - I sure will leave the table if that guy shows up at a STT thatīs for sure...cause I canīt leave the table at a tournament Laughing no just kiddinī I will for sure take up the fight and beat him the hell out of MY table - LOOL - Remember a mix of great skills, and Luck is a BIG factor in Poker

But good his rank looks amazing - already...
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Poker is the only game where if you are not intimidated, have better cards, know it and use them well, you can beat a champ.

So I would pick up the fight indeed too. Even though reputation and appearence always give more power.

When I see a guy who wears 10000 PKR points in jewels ans stuff ; I think 'this guy plays real money and gets his way through, he is no joke'.

He will build himself the heck of an impressive record to be sure !
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 5:04 pm

The thing is, donīt ever be affraid of a player, Respect them and play them right, trap play them and use that as a weapon against them, and go "over the top" aggressive players usually donīt like that...
Back to top Go down
MikaL224
Newcomer
Newcomer
MikaL224

Male
Number of posts : 7

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: ME I   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 8:21 pm

My first result (below of 80) was the tirhd place.

And thath was only after 2 or 3 participation.

In french we call it chance des débutants. Luck for beginner.

a+
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyWed May 23, 2007 11:28 pm

I did have beginbner's luck. It was when I finished 26th at my very first tournament playing each and every hand. I really did lack of tehnique. Look here goes for the beginner's luck : my first hand during this tournament was AA ; second hand QQ and third 22. I started to think that tournament where easy lol.

But this guy really knows how to play. Nothing to do witth beginner's luck according to me. Evern with luck, you can't survive and finish 1st at a $3 000 granted ; because as the buy in is $5, only very experienced player go in there and risk that much money.
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 4:18 am

Let me get this right, you say that the buy-in for the 3.000$ Guaranteed is 5$ confused

Well my screen says that the buy-in is $25+$2.50!
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:07 am

Wow ! dang.

Yeah then this guy definitely had much experience. Otherwise you don't gamble that much just on one tournament.

But he did well and was right since he must have won big mony with a first place in a $3 000 granted.

How much is it ?
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:09 am

I guess 1. place somewhere between $1200-$1500 - so Thatīs pretty nice... I wish I could do that also!
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:13 am

My god...

It's not as if I didn't have to work anymore or something like that.

But anyway this guy must feel good and proud of himself.

Turning $25 in $1200+ even just once really rocks.

Plus he can be confident with his poker.

Last edited by on Thu May 24, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:18 am

Yeah It must be a great feeling to win that kind of money, in 1 Tour...

Most I won in a weekend is 500$ at cash tables...and havenīt won that much since Crying or Very sad

Only up 100$ at the moment at PKR.
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 8:37 am

Still $500 rocks too. Cash tables aren't good for me. I lost $20 in two weeks and never did I win anything there. If I won like you already I'd be so proud. But anyway now I know only tournaments work for me.
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 9:56 am

Some ppl. are good at Cash Games some are good at Tournaments, you have to find the thing that suits you best, and for you itīs Tours.
But I would also recommend for you to go play Sit And Go

I also prefere Tours. and STT but sometimes I hit the Low stakes cash Tables just to make a few $ (2-4c - 5-10c) but it can be a struggle to play at such a low stake cause people will call/fish almost on anything...
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:09 am

Yes exactly. That's why it's hard to survive even though paradoxically these are very low stakes. Then the higher stakes would make me unconfortable. So I prefer to pay the buy in once and for all at the start. Also, at a cash table I always bargain stupidly because I think that each hand could be a big one. But at a tournament I know I have to watch my stack and that I can't rebut, so it makes me play MUCH better.

It's true I'd gladly have a go at a Sit and Go tournament. Because it reduces the number of guys so I thought I could be successful. Besides you need less time to play them.

But right now my balance is at $0 and I don't want to take more cash from my account. I'll try my luck at the freerolls until I have $1 to play a SnG or a $1 MTT.
Back to top Go down
marsman
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
marsman

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:20 am

ohh yeah like today i often go with the money from the freerolls at a (4-2cent) table and try to double my money. Two times each time 1,30...
i play and wait fr a good hand ...
and the hand comes QQ i went all in againts a raise with ca. 1$ 3guys called.
no ace on the flop no king also finally i lost again a flush 10high ( sb. call my all in with 10/9 suited) today AQ all in guy with K4 suited wins because off a flush on the river .. ( hit my queen in the flop ) what do you say to such things?? should i risk my money better on tournaments or should i tak more to the tables ( 3-4$ to play with the chipleader ^^)
always i lose all my won money at the tables ...
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 11:01 am

Yes, I would say : play to tables with stakes a little bit higher so that guys don't call anything.

Or play tournaments. $1 buyin is not much and you can win a good amount. Besides in tournaments foolish behaviour is not rewarded as you have to be careful about your stack if you want to stay in the game until the later stages of the tournament.

Tournaments really reward tight playing, and when you lose, most of the time you accept it, because it's more technical than an all-in bingo (like on the low-stake tables).

If I ever win money again I'll do a STT or a SnG

not a table => because at tables you lose money on every hand you lose

while in the tournmament it is the long run and the global quality of your poker that determines whether you win or lose money. Not just some muck on such hand or such other.

Besides on a table you risk more money than in a tournament buy-in and most of the time you end-up winning less.
Back to top Go down
marsman
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
marsman

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 11:54 am

yeah after i think over my loses i came to teh same end what you say ^^ and after all tournaments or sit and gos are more interesting than losing all in a few hand at the realmoney table ^^
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 12:09 pm

Ok.... Here goes!

Quote :
But right now my balance is at $0 and I don't want to take more cash from my account. I'll try my luck at the freerolls until I have $1 to play a SnG or a $1 MTT.

Ok I see your point of wiew, and you can do it that way, and increase the amount of $Dollars$ on your account (been there done that), but it takes alot of hard work! And secound thing, you will always be more careful and make wrong decisions if you know itīs your last 1$ your playing for, Trust me on that one!

If you havenīt made any deposit yet to PKR - I would deposit the 50$ use code PKR02 Reach the ammount of PKR points needed wich is 6000 and get the 50$ from PKR - then your even bounce

I would not be so scared of making a deposit if I was you, I would deposit the minimum ammount, and then in that way build up my account - just like I meself did it and always have done it - the money I have at PKR at the moment have been there since I made my first deposit Date. 29-12-06 and that was only 25$ and now i have made one withdraw at 150$ -

kept 25$ at the account and now up again to "at this very moment" $121.28, been up to $142 and lost 20$ the last coupple of days, but thatīs the way poker goes, I will for sure get up there again...
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 12:20 pm

And you both are indeed right, keep playing Tours/SnG - that is the best oppertunity to win a few $$

But indeed Cash tables can be rewarding too, you just have to learn the difference between Tours. and Cash Tables - cause the play is a bit different at Cash Tables, But itīs not that hard to learn as you might think.

If you need any advise what so ever I will be more than happy to give a few tips to both of you...

Iīm NOT that great of a player but I have alot understanding for the game, and after all I have increased not decreaced my account EVER!!!

You Win some you Loose some thatīs poker - and you will get alot of bad beats and you will get alot of great beats yourself...
Back to top Go down
marsman
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
marsman

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 12:23 pm

hmm sarco think you are right^^
i mean if there where freerolls with higher prizepools you easy can win 20or more dollars ... but with the 20$ only it is a hard way, but i try it because i want it for myself hmm at least again a few month^^
if the year is over i think i depposite money if i dont have enough then ^^
and i hope until then i have the expperience to win higher tournaments XD with higher buy in ... i notice that i play better because of the freerolls then i play before ^^ geek
Back to top Go down
marsman
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
marsman

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 12:25 pm

hope you understand my ,, not really good^^'' english XD Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sarco
Frequent visitor
Frequent visitor
Sarco

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Ofcourse I will not decide what you guys do - keep playing the freerols ect. until you feel 100% confident about yourselves and your play, and when you feel ready to hit the Real Money tables, do not hesitate one secound...just do it!

Another thing - freerols are great to begin with but you both will get tired of it someday....And the Freerolls on PKR are NOT big enough to build up your bankroll!!!
Back to top Go down
Battle48
Admin
Admin
Battle48

Male

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! EmptyThu May 24, 2007 1:15 pm

I hae already made $20 deposit which I lost entirely at the tables. That's what I was saying. So now I want to buil my game (not really the bankroll) at the freerolls.

Also it's always best to play what type of game you are good at. So yours Sarco is the cash table, for me it's the tournament rather.

I think the way to build your bankrol with the freerolls here is to use the freeroll to get $1.10 and do a $1 speed or a $1 regular.

I'm trying to do that.

Anyway as long as I score wins and good rankings in my records it makes me happy =)

And my game is getting better and better, so when I use it, whenever that is, onn a tournament with a big prizepool it should pay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Totally crazy !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally crazy !!!   Totally crazy !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Totally crazy !!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
#PKR poker team :: Poker chat-
Jump to: